Post-Gastric Bypass Instructions
The doctor will dictate you a list of very important tips and instructions that you need to commit to, to get the best results, which are;
- Avoid eating immediately after the operation, start intake fluids; then gradually start eating, begin with pureed food for a while, then light food, and then the hard complex food.
- Take vitamins and mineral supplements, which include Iron, Calcium, plus Vitamin B12.
- Avoid doing any effort, or carry any heavy things, for at least a month after the operation.
- Abstain from smoking a month after Gastric Bypass operation, as it affects Oxygen level which is crucial for the healing process.
- Follow a healthy diet determined by a nutritionist, in order to get a healthy and balanced food that contains proteins.
- It is recommended to exercise, two weeks after the Gastric Bypass operation.