Enjoy brighter eyes
no more fatigue and tiredness signs
What is Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty is a surgical procedure, aimed to improve the overall eyelid appearance, it can be performed for both, the upper and the lower eyelid. It is performed to remove the excess skin on the upper eyelid, and to reduce swelling bags in the lower eyelid.
Blepharoplasty, also known as Eyelid Lift, is a cosmetic surgery, nevertheless, it treats some medical problems. So whether you want to improve your appearance, or you suffer from some functional eyelids’ problems, Blepharoplasty can regenerate the area around your eyes.
Candidates for Blepharoplasty
- Who is healthy, and free from certain diseases that prevent her/him from undergoing Blepharoplasty.
- Who suffers from excess skin and wrinkles in the lower eyelid.
- Who suffers from drooping lower eyelids that reveal white below the iris
- Who suffers from swelling bags under the eyes.
- Who suffers from fatty deposits that appear as puffiness in the eyelids.
- Who suffers from loose or sagging skin that creates folds or disturbs the natural contour of the upper eyelid, sometimes impairing vision
There is a list of instructions you need to follow before undergoing Blepharoplasty operation, to ensure your safety during the procedure and to ensure its success. Which are;
- Abstain from all blood diluting drugs, such as; Ibuprofen, and Multi- Vitamine Group, for they contain (A,E), minimum a week before.
- Abstain from smoking a month before Blepharoplasty operation, as it affects Oxygen level which is crucial for the healing process.
- Conducting the necessary medical tests and taking certain medications, which contribute to removing any problem that may hinder the operation or the success of its results.
- Abstain from all kinds of stimulants, ten days minimum, as they prevent the anesthesia process.
- Refrain from natural blood-diluting drinks, such as; green tea, raspberry juice and pineapple.
- Consult the doctor about the current medications being taken, before the procedure.
Stages of Blepharoplasty
Step 1: Anesthesia
Step 2: Surgical incision
Step 3: Sagging and swelling removal
Step 4: Closing the Incision
The doctor will dictate you a list of very important tips and instructions that you need to commit to, to get the best results, which are;
- Using ice packs on the eyes’ area for ten minutes every passing hour directly after the operation.
- Clean the eyelids gently, and use the eye drops and ointments prescribed by the doctor.
- Avoid scratching the eyes.
- Wear black-colored eyeglasses to protect the eyelid from wind, dust, and sunlight.
- Abstain from swimming, or doing hard exercises, for a month at least.
- Abstain from smoking, for two months after the operation, to accelerate the recovery process.
- Stay away from doing any efforts, to maintain tissue safety, for two weeks minimum.
- When sleeping, make sure your head is raised higher than your chest area, and maintain this for a few days after the operation.
- To avoid bleeding, avoid any of the drugs and natural drinks that cause blood diluting.