Enjoy the most prominent aspects of beauty
What is Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty is a simple cosmetic surgery, aimed to minimize the size of the nose and treat any medical conditions such as (breathing problems – sinus problems) or any defects that the nose suffers from. Therefore, Rhinoplasty is considered the best solution for all medical and cosmetic nose problems.
To perform Rhinoplasty operation, the doctor uses different techniques, according to each patient’s case. Rhinoplasty is performed under general anesthesia.
- Closed nose
In this technique, the doctor makes an internal incision between the upper and lower cartilage to hide the cracks inside the nose. This technique takes less time and faster recovery period.
- Open nose
In this technique, the doctor makes an external incision through the columella, which is the narrow strip of tissue that separates the two nostrils. This technique is used in the cases of obvious deviations and distortions.
Candidates for Rhinoplasty
- Who suffers from big nose problems.
- Those who suffer from birth defects in the nose.
- Those who suffered from a broken nose, or deformed nose as a result of traumatic accidents.
- Those who suffer from breathing or sinus issues
- Patients with some cancerous diseases that affect the base of the nose.
There is a list of instructions you need to follow before undergoing Rhinoplasty operation, to ensure your safety during the procedure and to ensure its success. Which are;
- Submit to all tests and check ups dictated by the doctor.
- Abstain from all blood diluting drugs, such as; Ibuprofen, and Multi- Vitamine Group, for they contain (A,E), minimum a week before.
- Abstain from smoking a month before Rhinoplasty operation, as it affects Oxygen level which is crucial for the healing process.
- Abstain from all kinds of stimulants, ten days minimum, as they prevent the anesthesia process.
- Refrain from natural blood-diluting drinks, such as; green tea, raspberry juice and pineapple.
- Eat a healthy balanced nutrition for a sufficient time before the operation, to avoid any complications during the operation.
- Abstain from Alcohol before the operation.
- Taking vitamin C for a while before undergoing Rhinoplasty.
Stages of Rhinoplasty
Step 1: Anesthesia
Step 2: Nose Reshaping
Step 3: The Nasal Septum Correction
The doctor will dictate you a list of very important tips and instructions that you need to commit to, to get the best results, which are;
- Abstain from smoking, for two months after the operation, to accelerate the recovery process.
- Commit to taking medicines and antibiotics dictated by the doctor to avoid infection.
- Make cold water compresses and apply them continuously, to the eyes’ and nose areas to reduce swelling.
- Avoid all types of efforts until the wounds are completely healed.
- consume meals that are rich in fiber, such as vegetables and fruits.
- Keep your head up high for a few weeks after the operation.