Gastric Balloon for a perfect body
What is Gastric Balloon
Gastric Balloon operation is a non-surgical cosmetic procedure, it is performed under local anesthesia, and it aims to reduce the weight, by entering a balloon, which reduces the amount of food eaten, which leads to weight loss.
There are three types of Gastric Balloon operation, the doctor determines the most appropriate type for the patient, depending on the size of the fat mass they suffer from:
It is a single balloon placed into the stomach and filled with saline.
Two balloons, and are quite similar to Orbera method.
It is entered into the stomach by small capsules, and is filled with Nitrogen gas.
The balloon is left in the stomach for a period of six to nine months, in which the doctor determines according to the patient’s weight.
Candidates for Gastric Balloon
Not everyone who wants to undergo a Gastric Balloon surgery is eligible for, as there are some people who have certain qualities enabling them to undergo a Gastric Balloon surgery.
- The person who suffers from obesity and corpulence.
- The person who suffers from fat mass between 30 up to 35 kg of the normal weight.
- Who is healthy, and free from any health problems that may hinder Gastric Balloon surgery, such as stomach ulcers or gastritis.
- The person who is due to undergo a Gastric Balloon surgery should be between 18 and 65 years old.
- People who have not undergone any sort of gastric or esophageal operations before.
Pre-Gastric Balloon Instructions
To ensure your safety, and to ensure success to the cosmetic operation, there is a set of instructions you need to follow; which are
- Abstain from all blood diluting drugs, such as; Ibuprofen, and Multi- Vitamine Group, for they contain (A,E), minimum a week before.
- The person must inform the doctor of his/her medical history, whether they suffer of any particular disease or are taking certain medications.
- Abstain from food, for four hours, before Gastric Balloon surgery.
- Abstain from all kinds of stimulants, ten days minimum, as they prevent the anesthesia process.
- Get used on exercises for a certain period of time before the surgery.
- Abstain from smoking a month before Gastric Balloon operation, as it affects Oxygen level which is crucial for the healing process.
- Refrain from natural blood-diluting drinks, such as; green tea, raspberry juice and pineapple.
- Avoid having food that is high in calories or saturated with fat.
Stages of Gastric Balloon
Step 1: Clinical Examination
Step 2: Anesthesia
Step 3: Gastric Balloon Insertion
Step 4: Filling the Balloon
Post-Gastric Balloon Instructions
The doctor will dictate you a list of very important tips and instructions that you need to commit to, to get the best results, which are;
- Follow a healthy diet determined by a nutritionist, in order to get a healthy and balanced food after the Gastric Balloon operation.
- Drink plenty of water before and after meals, once the gastric balloon is in the stomach, which is for (6 to 9 months).
- Avoid smoking, at least as long as the gastric balloon is in the stomach, which is for (6 to 9 months).
- Have the necessary painkillers dictated by the doctor in case of discomfort.
- Avoid carrying heavy objects or doing hard work as long as the Gastric Balloon is in the stomach.